We loaded our Retropolitan Refrigerator with throwback appeal, then flipped the freezer to the bottom for a style savvy look with easy access. The slide-out bottom lets kids grab popsicles on-the-fly and puts the most-used items at arm level for adults. The Big Chill Retropolitan comes with ultimate modern performance, like Energy Star efficiency, a frost-free design, and clear crisper drawers, seamlessly integrated with an iconic 50s vibe. The solid, stamped metal body pays homage to American craftsmanship, while authentic chrome trim and handles exude the charm of a simpler era. And with nine standard colors curated from our vintage vault, you’ll make your kitchen memorable for party guests and growing kids. Or create your perfect color combo with one of over 200 custom colors.
- Stamped Metal Body
- Chrome Trim
- Gallon Door Storage
- 2 Half-Width Clear Crisper Drawers
- Four Half-Width Adjustable Glass Shelves
- Temperature Management System
- Slide-Out Upper Freezer Basket
- Glide-Out Freezer Basket with Organizer
- Optional Ice Maker
- Available Left Hand Hinge
- 2 Years Parts and Labor Warranty
- Designed, assembled, and shipped from Boulder, Colorado
- Supports American manufacturing
- Total Capacity: 18.5 CU.FT
- Refrigerator Capacity: 12.9 CU.FT
- Freezer Capacity: 5.6 CU.FT
- Clearance: Back1/2″
- Clearance: Side1/4″
- Side Clearance for door to open: 90°3 1/2″
- Adjustable Rollers: STANDARD
- Energy Guide: (kWh/year)521
- Electrical: 115V, 60HZ, AC ONLY, 15 OR 20AMP FUSED
Curbside Delivery $99 per order
- For a Curbside delivery your appliance will be brought to the street-side entrance of the delivery address by a forty-foot semi and lowered by a lift-gate to the ground.
- You are responsible for uncrating/unpacking the appliance and getting it in your house.
- With a Curbside delivery, grab a tool set and a few of your strongest friends. The shipping weight for our fridges is between 300 and 500 pounds. The weight for our stoves is between 375 and 625 pounds.
Inside Delivery $299 Per Order
- Our shipping company does all the hard work. They will uncrate your fridge, remove the debris, and place in your room of choice.
- Getting the fridge up a flight of stairs and removing your old fridge are extra charges.
- Our delivery personnel are handy, but they’re not authorized to connect water lines. Many of our customers read through the homeowner’s manual and connect the water line themselves. You can also hire a plumber for extra help.
Fridge Door Removal $95
- This service is often needed with older homes where the doors are narrow. Please check our Specifications sheet if you have any questions.
- The delivery personnel will remove your fridge doors, take the unit inside and reinstall the doors.
Stair Carry $75
- The price per flight of stairs. (We won’t charge you for one or two steps in front of your home.)
Custom colors are an extra $400.00. Please note that the custom colors will not appear in a product image. Also keep in mind that selection of Custom Color delays the shipping time (typically 2 weeks)